End of the XVIII century and beginning of the XIX century pocket watches and clocks became popular. Basically, it is a beginning of raising awareness to people of tracing time. In 1846 in the small town of Lithuania Plungė, Count Zubov built a castle with a 12 – meter clock tower and clock with one hour arrow on all sides. The bell of the tower begins to announce time to the inhabitants every 15 minutes. The castle clock tower is similar to the Palazzo Vecchio palace in Florence. It is the oldest still known stone building in the whole Plungė. The purpose of the building has been different throughout the years. In 1989 the building ceased to have a purpose and for 20 years left in ignorance and silence. But in 2010, thanks to residents and cultural workers, renovation of the building began. After the renovation In 2012 the residents once again have time‘s prophecy in their city and the building acquires a meaningful purpose for the community as it becomes home of books and residents which is the library.